frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Lever Espresso Machines

245

Comments

  • Think this thread needs more pictures  :) Couple of my larger Levers in use.
  • Nice machines BF.  I just hope AM doesn't notice those leads lying around! ;D
  • All better now that was just the test location and the old kitchen  ;) Here is 2 of the smaller flavour  ;D La_Cimbali_Micro.jpg
  • To far south and in to small a town for decent ginger  :-[ The version of the Pavoni I have is already fully loaded with Timber including the boiler fill.
  • I have an Izzo Pompeii Single Group Lever and it took my coffee to a whole new level. I find I can pull consistently great shots with minimal effort. I came from a Bezzera BZ35e - a pretty damn good machine in its own right, but not a patch on a commercial spring lever. Its also easier for my wife to pull great shots on, consistently, she loves the fact its so much less messy than a pump driven machine and she is much more confident pulling shots for visitors. I also love the quietness, combined with a Pharos hand grinder its almost a zen experience extracting coffee! I am a total convert to the Lever.   emotji chosen by my son ??? Oh, nice to see some old online coffee mates here, Anger Management, Koffee Kosmo and Beanflying to name a few! the%20poursmall.jpg
  • I just gotta say: that is one of the most stunning pieces of equipment I can remember seeing, in any field.
  • I like levers and I am a convert in a big way I do however prefer a plumbed in model When my tax check comes in I think that I will be getting the demo Strega from Barazi Over on Home Barista some have modified the tank models to operate as plumbed in thus eliminating the pump So this is a bonus and a win win scenario for me KK
  • Bit more Izzo power on site that's better, Welcome along  :) Liking the Bezzera plumbed in to KK. I think they misread the market for Lever buyers a little by not releasing the plumbed in one earlier themselves.
  • on 1313755818:
    Bit more Izzo power on site that's better, Welcome along  :) Liking the Bezzera plumbed in to KK. I think they misread the market for Lever buyers a little by not releasing the plumbed in one earlier themselves.
    I am considering the very machine I have a video of, as its was a first in the world to be tested by me I have a soft spot for it. You just had to see the shots I was pulling There is a factory option for a plumbed in Stega available now If I see the insides of one I can convert it KK
  • Little bit of Coffee Porn 4 sale in Tasy at present. $15k'ish. I would nearly consider swapping my Izzo for it  ;)
  • on 1313980277:
    Little bit of Coffee Porn 4 sale in Tasy at present. $15k'ish. I would nearly consider swapping my Izzo for it  ;)
    I saw this also but alas, I don't have the bench space.... yeah right.... If this machine turns out to be unreliable for the new buyer, who services a Slayer???
  • on 1313757185:
    I am considering the very machine I have a video of, as its was a first in the world to be tested by me I have a soft spot for it. You just had to see the shots I was pulling There is a factory option for a plumbed in Stega available now If I see the insides of one I can convert it KK
    KK does the factory plumbed option still use a vibe pump.  Lovely machine and I would have gone for one if it wasn't for the damn vibe.  The beauty of levers I think is their simplicity.
  • on 1313997280:
    KK does the factory plumbed option still use a vibe pump.  Lovely machine and I would have gone for one if it wasn't for the damn vibe.  The beauty of levers I think is their simplicity.
    I will check and confirm with Barazi The simple mods that I have seen on HB eliminates or bypasses the vibe pump KK
  • After all the lever restorations I have been seeing Its prompted me to revisit my search for a good quality single piston lever (preferably commercial) I like the Bezzera BZ2006AL However I am not sure if they are available in 240 Volt b2006al.jpg I also like the Rancilio Z8 / Z9 one group lever if I can source one DSC01184.JPG I just like the industrial look Anyone that can recommend a similar machine Of course the machine must be good at coffee making as a first priority Some machines are fantastic and outperform the pretty machines So whats the best lever machine flying under the radar  PM me if you find something  ;) so I get first dibs KK
  • I spoke to Chris this morning about a few things including Lever machines Because someone was asking on the different Strega models available with regards to a no pump model So an update for the rest of the lever nuts on Crema Current model available - and the one I have my eye on Strega - with tank & vibration pump Other models available by order only at this stage Strega - Dual - Tank and Plumbed in This model has 2 pumps 1 X Rotary pump - for mains water connection 1 X Vibration pump - for tank use Strega - Direct Mains Model This model has no pump at all and connects direct to the mains water line On another topic Chris said that he can get a Bezzera BZ2006AL as pictured above in 240 Volt or with the same internals the Ellise single lever ellisse_al1gr.jpg KK
  • I really like the Bezzera BZ2006AL, as much of a box as it is and I wanted curves, it keeps the hot stuff away from my hands a lot better than majority of others.
  • Without wanting to talk down a product unseen there is a lengthy saga about a 2600 lever on Home Barista. My suspicion is it was a Friday machine but still worth a read. It wasn't in the wrapper shown below but in the squared off box but I believe they share the same internals. It was a conversation that started off elsewhere on another fourm pre decision to buy then drifted to waiting fo and then into a few post purchase issues to resolve over 6 months  ;) b2000_al.jpg Interesting to know the other variants are available by order too KK.  :)
  • What's a 'Friday machine'?
  • A lemon or Friday Machine. This is not a reflection of the brand by any means just a one of issue as far as I have ever read.
  • The Bezzera Sterga lever machine has landed in the Koffee Kosmo kitchen Photos to follow KK
  • Woohoo! That's awesome KK, you must be a very happy man  ;)  Can't wait for some pics.....
  • on 1326700942:
    Woohoo! That's awesome KK, you must be a very happy man  ;)  Can't wait for some pics.....
    They will be up later if night photos work out ok Off to dial it in now and make a coffee KK
  • You must be very excited KK!!
  • I am exited Here are some pictures I have just taken of the new Bezzera Strega Lever Machine KK
  • So similar to my BZ. Wonder if I could do a secret swapsie without the wide noticing....  ;)
  • It's nice and shiny - that's for sure! Congrats KK I am sure you will be very happy with it. Are you planning on upping the grinder now to something with some matching bling? How was the first pour?
  • on 1326704583:
    It's nice and shiny - that's for sure! Congrats KK I am sure you will be very happy with it. Are you planning on upping the grinder now to something with some matching bling? How was the first pour?
    First pour was good but a little fast Still tasted it for quality control and disposed of it Adjusted grinder a little finer and the second pour was on the money Currently sipping coffee and posting about it I wont change my grinder any-time soon  ;)
    on 1326703970:
    So similar to my BZ. Wonder if I could do a secret swapsie without the wide noticing....  ;)
    You can only try  ;D KK
  • Looks awesome KK. Last trip out to visit Chris ( just before xmas) he had what appeared to be the same machine in the coffee station. He used to have some bezzera with a E61 for making the customers a brew. Anyway, he made me a coffee and damn it was good. I was very impressed with the lever, so cool and retro funk.
  • on 1326705270:
    Looks awesome KK. Last trip out to visit Chris ( just before xmas) he had what appeared to be the same machine in the coffee station. He used to have some bezzera with a E61 for making the customers a brew. Anyway, he made me a coffee and damn it was good. I was very impressed with the lever, so cool and retro funk.
    Yes he has had 2 different Strega machines in that station I always pull a shot when visiting - and I was hooked at the quality of the coffee it produced Thats the reason I got one after a long testing period Now I have to start personalizing it with, 1] A Naked group handle, by converting the single 2] A longer Timber Pull Handle for better fulcrum balance 3] Timber Porta Filter handles  4] Timber toggles (steam/water) just like Kelsey's KK
  • on 1326706932:
    1: YES 2: YES 3: YES 4: YES ummmm  starting to sound like more than a quick 1hr job... KK: Will need your machine for a week or two  :angel:
    While I have the BZ40 and If you promise not to scratch it I am willing to lend it to you KK
Sign In or Register to comment.

Coffee Forum

@ 2026 The Coffee Forum, All rights reserved.

Policies

Social